Tuesday 6 September 2011

Don't get collared

Nights are drawing in and the motherly voice inside my head is reminding me that I need a good coat. Wish Coat Criteria...
  • Extreme warmth
  • Timelessness - an investment piece that will see me through a couple of winters
  • Versatility - it must that will go with everything and look part of an outfit, not a throw over
  • Midnight blueness
  • Collarless - so that I can go to town on scarves.
These two Acne numbers are mouth-watering. The first, below, is a multi-lapelled trench is beautiful - right at the top of the list, and available from My Wardrobe.com



The second is much more Minimalist but it remains classic. Available from Liberty.

Sonia Rykiel is also in on the midnight/collarless action. Loving the giant zip action but probably a touch one the nippy side with 3/4 length sleeves. Focus.

The next one is not great for all shapes and would sit better on a straight-shaped girl than me but you can't argue with the typical texturing that Preen have incorporated into this Teddy-Boy look coat. Available at Matches, this number's excruciating price tag is only slightly off-set by a cool grasshopper tailcoat at the back.


Now all I need is to stock up on gorgeous scarves. See you at the Liberty's scarf hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment