Wednesday 2 February 2011

Foot Fetish


My feet hurt like the Little Mermaid’s.
Solution: Buy custom-fit inner-soles.
Result: Renewed interest in all shoes.

I have been shopping around looking for comfortable, supportive shoes that don’t scream geography teacher. I want beautiful shoes that I can wear all day. There are two labels that I always go to for reassurance that those two must-haves are not mutually exclusive: Chie Mihara and Tracey Neuls.
In fact, these are Chie Mihara’s guiding principles of design too. Her credentials include having worked at an orthopedic shoe shop, learning about foot anatomy and common foot problems.’ I bought a pair of her shoes for when I was out personal shopping with clients so I could spend all day on my feet whilst looking credible.

Below are my favourites from her current line. Shop or browse online at her lovely website Chie Mihara.



Tracey Neuls is another designer that I admire enormously. I was drawn into her Marylebone Lane shop by a gorgeous display of shoes hung with ribbons from the ceiling and have since been a closet fan always aspiring to own a pair of her distinctive creations. The shoes are beautifully crafted and I have always cursed a missed opportunity to buy a hand-painted pair of low heals there.

Below is my favourite pair from her Autumn/Winter 2010 collection. Pony skin. Would look enviable with a vintage tea dress...

Those Mermaids amongst us are also thrilled with the popularity of brogues. I love these white Church Brogues from Matches. Geeky but super good, especially with coloured socks or tights.

P.S. If you are interested in getting some custom-fit inner-soles I recommend Footbalance.
P.P.S. If you have a style-conscious man in your life, he could do worse than a pair of Chie Mihara's collection of men's shoes. Very Sartorialist.


No comments:

Post a Comment