Monday 5 April 2010

Inspiration: Kenzo and Missoni A/W09

In a parallel universe I would be living in Portugal on a remote cliff-top shack that would bake in the summer and shiver in the salty winds of winter. I would have left London for the Opt-out packing my cumbersome leather suitcase only with essentials.

This opt-out is different, this is My Opt-out and I am going to be considering my wardrobe carefully because in this caveatted ‘escape from the trappings of the material,’ the materials matter!
Inspired by the beautiful knitted layers of Kenzo and Missoni's Autumn/Winter 2009 collections, this is my Desert Island Wardrobe:
Summer: flimsy, see-through dress. No sunglasses – wrinkles are OK on this trip, positively encouraged. I will just have one and I will handwash it every evening and let it dry on the line overnight.
Winter: this is key (I am a cold person). For the feet think Peruvian leather-soled socks for round the house and tough workboots for outside - something sturdy, lace-up; leather that will weather (I’ll be here for years writing my novel and making improvised furniture). On the body, leggings – ruched and camel-coloured like the pictured Missoni ones, ‘Boyfriend’ workshirts and woolen cardigan layers drawn in with a leather belt. Tight, long-sleeved t-shirts to wear underneath. I'll leave clashing patterns to the knits.
Not sure how laptops and blogging fit in to the Opt-Out so enjoy it up while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment