Monday 17 January 2011

Golden Globes: The Good

When I started scrolling through the images from last nights Golden Globes I started to despair. Catherine Zeta Jones are you hoping to bring back taffeta? Helen Bonham-Carter why not surprise someone and wear Calvin Klein? Angelina and Ann Hathaway in horrible sequins straight from an 80s Gospel church - why stop before putting on a ridiculous matching hat? And I am not even going to talk about Minnie Driver. I am just not.

But then I found some true gems. While much is being made of the emerald trend on the red carpet I think the only trend to take from the evening was demure glamour. Full length and gorgeous gowns with discreet twinkles. A flattering fold. I have included my favorites below for you delectation.

The ever luscious Scarlett Johansson in Elie Saab
Olivia Wilde in starry Marchesa
Mila Kunis working discreet pleats of a Vera Wang confection.


Yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment