Sunday 30 January 2011

To be fair

I love vintage fairs, antique markets, charity shops and car boot sales. You can, if you are strong-willed, leave empty handed but more often than not you find a gem that is not only beautiful and original but also a bargain. I always advocate going as early as possible because I can't face missing out. A nine o'clock wake up this morning was rewarded two-fold.

Straight off the stall and onto my arm was a vintage Mulberry Somerset bag at a snip of the price you'd pay at the shop
.
Second up, a matching black leather and brass-cased 1970s men's watch. Too drool for school.


Up for a rummage? I recommend the following sites to check upcoming events.

Hammersmith Town Hall vintage fair
Chiswick car boot, W4 3UN, London (first Sunday of every month)
Affordable Vintage Fair - York Hall, Bethnal Green (next on 27th Feb)
The Vintage Furniture Flea - York Hall, Bethnal Green (on 27th March)

No comments:

Post a Comment